background

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Double Decker Bus Tour

Today was our first full day in London. Rolf was trying to talk us into getting up at 6 am this morning to get our day started early. The kids and I rebelled and we slept until noon! By the time we were out the door it was close to 1:30. Just the way I like it :)

We spent the afternoon taking a double decker bus tour around the city. We saw every major (and many minor!) landmarks. Quinn wants to go back to Harrod's, Travis wants to go see the Tower of London, and Rolf wants to see the Globe Theatre. I'm ready for Westminster Abbey. Tomorrow we'll start seeing everything in more depth.

England won today in the World Cup game and we could hear cheering from many pubs as we drove by! Quinn is searching for a London United shirt, that's all that is on her mind.

Travis is enjoying finding all the differences between England and the US. His comment today after coming out of the bathroom: "Man, even the handle to flush is on the wrong side!"

I took tons of pictures but BOTH of my cameras ran out of battery. It was a good thing the tour was over. I was in a panic! So I have to charge before I can download. I'll post pics as soon as I can. We're on our way to our hotel as soon as we leave Kathy's but we're meeting her for dinner tomorrow night at a local thai place that she highly recommends.

Hope all is going well with everyone back home. Thanks for the comments, we love reading them!

2 comments:

Leah McChesney said...

Hey Paula, It all sounds great, the sleeping in and the ice cream! :) Globe theater!We went there once and caught a play! Wish we were there with you!

elizabeth finn said...

Love this Paula. Glad you are having such a wonderful time.