background

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Louvre

Rolf and I were really impressed with how much the kids seemed to soak in at the Louvre. It is such a huge museum, we were there most of the day and still didn't see everything. They loved hearing stories from Rolf about the historical religious paintings. Many of the stories they already knew! They loved making the connection.
Here is a picture of the crowd around the Mona Lisa. It was crazy!

The kids with Mona Lisa in the background. There was no way we were gonna make it up front to get a picture. It was every man, woman, and child for himself!


This is one of my favorite pictures I took in the Louvre. Sculpture is my favorite art medium. Too bad I didn't get this artist's name. I'll have to look it up in the gigantic book Rolf bought!

Our handsome boy relaxing outside the Louvre. He's a keeper!

Quinn loved taking funny pictures with the pyramid, which is the entrance to the Louvre.


We spent a large part of one day in the Louvre. It is the most amazing museum. We didn't see all of the wings but we got around to many of the items we wanted to see. We were exhausted!







1 comment:

Dana Leeds said...

I love the photo of your daughter with the pyramid! I'll have to remember to have my daughter pose like that, too. :-)